Need ideas for New Year’s resolutions? Let us help you with these suggestions for maintaining your Cookshack electric emoker. Keep your Cookshack electric smoker running like new by following these simple steps!
- Oil hinge and latch pins twice a year. Use lightweight oil on the pins to prevent binding.
- Clean door switch.
- Check electrical plug and wire for any wear or damage.
- Clean grills and racks. Scrape and wash them with soap and water. Or better yet, run them through the dishwasher.
- Scrape loose grease and scale from walls with a plastic flat edge scraper.
- Line the bottom of your smoker with heavy duty aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Make sure the drain hole is open at all times! Remove all grease from the interior of the smoker using paper towels or cloths. Ensure that you do not use caustic cleaners!
- Clean drain hole, plug and pan after each use.
- Always clean the wood box of wood and ash remnants before restarting the oven! Douse with water before discarding!
Do you need a visual of these maintenance tips? Check out our How-To Videos on our Cookshack YouTube Channel or on our website on the Video Cooking Classroom. We believe in Smokin’ Made Simple which also includes maintaining your equipment!
Of course, the professionals in our Sales and Customer Service departments are available to chat with you for other tips and suggestions! Give them a call at 1.800.423.0698. You can also get great ideas and tips on the Cookshack uncensored forum.