Dazzle your tastebuds with a delicious smoked ham cooked in your very own smoker for your Christmas dinner this year!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1 (7 pound) pre-cooked bone-in ham
- ⅓ cup BBQ spice
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 ¼ cup apple cider (divided use)
- Cooking spray
- Fresh herbs or fruit for garnish
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees F
- Coat a disposable aluminum pan with cooking spray. Place the ham cut side down in the pan.
- Sprinkle the BBQ spice over the exterior of the ham.
- Place the pan in the smoker and cook for one hour.
- Continue to cook the ham for another 2-3 hours, basting every 30-45 minutes with the 2 cups of apple cider.
- The ham is done when a thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the ham, reads 140 degrees F.
- When the ham is about 135 degrees F, make the glaze.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and remaining 1/4 cup of apple cider in a pan over medium heat.
- Bring the pan to a simmer. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until glaze has just thickened.
- Brush the glaze all over the ham. Transfer the ham to a platter. Garnish with herbs and fruit if desired, then serve.
Tips for Smoking a Ham
There are many ways to smoke a ham, and if you feel like getting creative you can try making your own homemade version of the BBQ spice mix!
Choose a disposable aluminum pan to keep your clean-up to a minimum, but remember that disposable pans can be flimsy and must be handled with caution to prevent burns or spills.
Choosing the Right Smoker
A high-quality smoker is a great gift idea for the food connoisseur in your life. As you’re looking for the right smoker, consider versatility, size, price, features, and fuel type.
For example, a smoker that’s easy to clean and maintain is ideal for the chef who loves convenience, whereas the more meticulous cook might prefer a smoker with precise temperature control.
Cookshack is the place to look to find the perfect smoker to cook up your mouth-watering Christmas ham. Visit our website to see everything we have to offer!
Despite the fact that Relislim contains hoodia gordonii and green tea extract that are considered to be natural appetite suppressants, optimal clinical efficiency is achieved only after two weeks of systematic application of Relislim. generic viagra Undesirable effects of Relislim and Duromine have some similarities, since both drugs possess appetite suppressant activity.